Fun Music, Fine Art, and Fly Fishing
What To Do in Bigfork, Montana ~ November 2021
Fall is coming to a close, but the fun doesn’t end in Bigfork when those brilliant leaves drop to the ground. There is so much to do in Montana all year long, whatever your interests.
If you are new to Bigfork, or have never experienced Montana’s Christmas Village in person, you are in for a treat. This charming little town, nestled into a peaceful bay on Flathead Lake, embodies everything bright and beautiful about a wintery Montana Christmas.
Bigfork is transformed into something magical in late November. Over 10,000 feet of garland, well over 800 little evergreen trees festooned with big red bows, and countless thousands of twinkling lights will take your breath away.
While the decorations and quaint shops are memorable, the real ticket to falling in love with Bigfork as your home and community is to participate in the Bigfork Elves Decorating Day. All those lights and bows are the handiwork of local volunteers—and you are welcome be a part of it!
Decorating Day / Art Walk / Tree Lighting
Saturday, November 20th
- Meet at the Garden Bar in downtown Bigfork at 8:00 AM for orientation (and coffee).
- No prior signup is necessary! Dress warm and bring your smile.
- Decorating is generally done by around noon. Traditionally, there is a fun and festive chili feed for all volunteers (note that this is subject to change due to Covid precautions).
- The entire community and all volunteers look forward to the Holiday Art Walk in the evening: admire the work you did to make the town beautiful, stroll the shops and galleries as they are open late.
- At 7:00 PM you won’t want to miss the tree lighting ceremony, right in the center of the village at the Bigfork Inn. A Holiday memory your family will never forget, it will make you feel right at home.
Live Music doesn’t come to an end when the nights turn chilly—it just moves inside! You can still find entertainment right in Bigfork on Friday nights.
- Max’s Market
- 125 Village Ln, Bigfork, MT 59911
- Live Music Friday Evenings
- November Shows: Hardwood Heart, Chris Evans and Partygoers
- Garden Bar
- 451 Electric Ave, Bigfork, MT 59911
- Live Music Friday Evenings
- November Shows: Joel Fetveit, and Froggy Style
If Trivia Night is your thing, there are not one but TWO opportunities to gather with your friends and compete every week. Of course, each location offers food and beverage to keep you fueled throughout your evening:
- Flathead Lake Brewing Company
- 116 Holt Dr, Bigfork, MT 59911
- Wednesdays 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Kelly’s Casino
- 416 Electric Ave, Bigfork, MT 59911
- Tuesdays 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Looking for some artistic and cultural activity for you or your kids? Bigfork is brimming with galleries and artists that will welcome you throughout the year.
The Bigfork Center for the Performing Arts has provided a home for theater, dance, music, film, educational and civic events in the heart of Bigfork for over 30 years. Several outstanding productions will entertain you this winter – starting with a classic in November:
- The Northwest Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker
- 526 Electric Avenue, Bigfork, MT 59911
- November 26th & 27th
- Reserved seating – For more information please call 406-755-0760
If you plan to get out and enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and other winter activities, brush up on your Avalanche Awareness and backcountry safety skills!
- At Whistling Andy’s Distillery in Bigfork attend a FREE 1-hour Avalanche Awareness Get information about avalanche hazards, how to avoid them, and proper equipment for traveling in avalanche terrain.
- 8541 Mt Hwy 35 Bigfork, Montana
- November 22nd 6:30PM to 7:30 PM
If fly fishing has been on your bucket list, this is a great time to start! Big, colorful cutthroat and rainbow trout can be found in the Flathead River for those hardy souls willing to brave the chill.
- Bigfork Anglers has everything you need to get started on your new Montana hobby. If you’re a do-it-yourself fisherman, stop in at the Fly Shop in downtown Bigfork for any supplies you might need, and to get the latest fishing report.
- If a guided fly-fishing trip is your style, off-season rates make this a perfect time to take the plunge. Call (406) 837-3675 to schedule your trip.
We have so much to offer you here in the Flathead Valley, and we’re happy to welcome you! If you’re ready to make this your first Montana Christmas, take a look at some of our Montana properties and find your forever home with us!